How to Get Stickers Off a Car
Wondering how to get stickers off a car? Whether you need to remove bumper stickers without affecting the paint or want to know how to remove sticker residue from a car window, the Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot service center has you covered with some tips and tricks you can use at your Port Huron home. Sticker and residue removal is easy when you have the right products and follow the correct steps.
How to Get Stickers Off a Car Body
When it comes to how to get stickers off a car body, you will need the following products:
- Car washing soap
- Plastic card (preferably not a debit card or anything important)
- Tree sap remover or Goo Gone Automotive
- Clean, dry towels
When you have the necessary tools collected, follow these steps to remove a sticker from the body of your car:
- Clean the sticker and the surrounding area with car wash soap.
- Blow hot air on the sticker for a few seconds with the hairdryer, working from the inside out.
- While the sticker is hot, use the plastic card to begin lifting the sticker for removal. You should then be able to peel if off, or repeat the heating and lifting process as necessary to fully remove the sticker.
- If residue remains on your vehicle, there are easy steps to follow on how to remove sticker residue from a car. Take your clean, dry cloth, apply tree sap remover or Goo Gone Automotive, and wipe with gentle pressure until the residue disappears.
How to Get Stickers Off a Car Window
Want to learn how to get stickers off a car window? Nix the hairdryer, and replace the plastic card with a razor blade, being mindful of your safety and tinted windows on your vehicle. You will also need:
- Clean, dry towels
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dish soap and hot water
With these products handy, complete the following:
- Use the razor blade to lift a corner of the sticker. Remove the sticker as cleanly as you can by hand.
- Apply the dish soap and hot water mixture to your clean, dry towel, and rub the sticker residue until you notice it dissipating.
- If residue remains, carefully use the razor blade to scrape it off. Otherwise, you can use rubbing alcohol to scrub it away, making sure to clean the area with water when done.
Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot Has You Covered with More Car Care Tips
Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot is your go-to source in the Marysville area for car care tips. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, or stop by our dealership near Lake Port for assistance. We are here to help!
More from Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot
Sleekly styled and packed with advanced technology features, a new Chevy Traverse is a great buy for Port Huron families. If you’re wondering whether the Traverse cargo space and technology can meet your needs, read below for an overview of the 2021 Chevy Traverse interior from Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot. New Chevy TraverseContact Us Chevy Traverse…
Spacious and well-equipped, the 2022 Chevy Equinox interior is bound to impress Port Huron drivers. This model is already a local favorite for its versatile design and efficient performance, and the countless comforts and conveniences will make your Marysville commute better than ever. See what you can expect from the 2022 Chevy Equinox interior features…
Wondering if the new Chevy Trailblazer has the features and cargo space you need for your everyday drives? It may be compact enough for tight spaces and traffic in Port Huron, but you’ll find the 2022 Chevy Trailblazer interior to be surprisingly spacious for a vehicle in its class. This model can comfortably accommodate up…