2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Behind the wheel of the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, you can expect to be able to tow 13,400 pounds in the Port Huron area, as well as carry a payload of up to 2,543 pounds. These highly impressive figures are made possible by the Silverado 1500’s hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, along with various towing features. Learn more about the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity in this guide from Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and overall performance capabilities depends on which engine you select. Choose from the following:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This standard Chevy Silverado 1500 engine generates 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, providing enough power for a towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With an output of 285 hp and best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, this engine helps the Silverado 1500 to tow 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: Upgrade to this engine for a towing capacity of 11,600 pounds, as well as 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: When powered by this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow a maximum of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Rounding out the Chevy Silverado 1500 engine lineup is this powertrain, which generates 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. This torque, in particular, allows for a 9,400-pound towing capacity.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Features
Given the impressive Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity, it should come as no surprise that there are plenty of features installed to make towing and hauling easier.
- Trailering Package: Standard on every Chevy Silverado 1500, this package offers a trailering hitch platform with a 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Boost towing capabilities with this package, available on select trims. It includes revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Worried about what you’ll be able to see when towing? Purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Marysville.
Test Drive the Chevy Silverado 1500 at Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot!
Want to experience how the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 handles? Get in touch with Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot to schedule a test drive near Lake Port. When you do, you can learn even more about its performance features, along with bed sizes, interior comforts, and safety systems. We’ll even tell you about how it compares to popular models like the GMC Sierra 1500, or offer a different pickup option with the Chevy Colorado towing capacity. Don’t forget to check out our current offers on new Chevy trucks!
Learn More at Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot
Electric vehicles like the 2021 Chevy Bolt are rapidly gaining traction with Port Huron drivers, but can an EV take you as far as you need to go? On a full charge, the Chevy Bolt range reaches a maximum of an EPA-estimated 259 miles — enough to last the average commuter nearly a week! Read the…
Which of the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 configurations will best meet your driving demands in the Port Huron area? There are a number of new Chevy Silverado 1500 models available, so you have no shortage of options and price points from which to choose. Discover each of the Chevy Silverado trim levels so that you can…
How much is the Chevy Silverado? It depends on whether you go with the Silverado 1500, the Silverado 2500HD, or the Silverado 3500HD. But ultimately, you will find that the 2021 Chevy Silverado price is quite affordable, especially when you shop at Moran Chevrolet Fort Gratiot. Discover the various Chevy Silverado price points, and then visit us near…